Thursday, December 17, 2009

Genesis

I’m inviting you into my life, and into my bedroom. Well, sort of. Ken and I have decided to add to our family and give Bren, El, and Jule a brother or sister - God willing. I say “God willing” because Ken and I are well aware that we are so very, very blessed to have three healthy children. We accept that immense and overwhelming responsibility earnestly and never a day goes by that we take it for granted. Anyone who knows me at all, knows that my thoughts are loud and relentless and I have a tendency to ruminate (ok, obsess). This time, I’m bringing you along for the roller coaster ride from trying to conceive through birth and beyond. Save for a few intimate details, you will be privy to the entire goings on throughout our house and throughout our journey. Who knows what will happen?

While I know those in our inner circle will appreciate the sentiment, I also hope to reach out to all the obsessive folks who are in any stage of parenting whatsoever – trying to conceive (the dreaded two week wait, buying pregnancy tests in bulk – you know who you are!), or trying to cope with a teenager (one moment a child, one moment a man, he’s Teenzilla!). Chances are, I’ve been there, done that, and can offer some insight. And frankly, I can use all the help I can get, so I’ll be reaching out to all of you wise parents for advice and moral support.

For those who don’t know my family’s background, I’ll give you the short version so you know all the players. We’ll all get to know each other more as time goes on. Ken and I both work full-time in the IT industry, where we met at work ten years ago. We’ve been married since Fall of 2002. I have a son, Ken’s bonus son, who just turned fourteen. Yikes. Ken and I have two daughters together – Elizabeth, who is 5, and Juleana who just celebrated her first birthday. We treasured our “July Baby” for five short weeks in November of 2007, until I miscarried at 9 weeks. I am entering this new adventure of trying to get pregnant a fifth time with an open mind and an open heart, a sense of adventure and a sense of humor. I am relaxed and ready to enjoy every moment. I hope you are too.

As far as babies, I have experience in a lot of different areas, and would like to use this blog to share that experience and as an opportunity to hear new ideas throughout what will [probably] be my last pregnancy. ;-)

Please stop by often, and post comments regularly so I know I’m not talking to myself.

XO
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment